Here we go.....
11 random facts about me:
1. Dance is my second passion. For 16 years (3/4 of which I danced competitively), I enjoyed every single style from tap, pointe/ballet, and contemporary to jazz and hip hop. I was also given the wonderful opportunity to teach dance at the young age of 16 at my family's studio (where I danced) which ignited my passion for education and the early years in particular. I enjoyed every minute teaching tap, jazz, hip hop and mini dance to girls and boys aged 3-8.
2. I used to dance for the Toronto Raptors Junior Dance "Pak" for 3 years and it was truly an incredible experience I will cherish forever!
3. I love scrapbooking! Whether it be traditional scrapbooking or digital, I love creating scrapbooks as gifts for family, friends and personal keepsakes.
4. My incredible fiancé and I have been dating 8 wonderful years and we can't wait to get married in July 2014!
5. My Dad's family is Austrian and I've attempted to make my Oma's incredible schnitzel, palaschinkins (crepes), and famous cookies numerous time with little success. However, I do love to bake!
6. I prefer sweets over salts.
7. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls are a Christmas morning tradition in our family.
8. I've never been someone who does well with bugs (spiders, mosquitoes, bees - doesn't matter - I'm the one running!)
9. Since I was a kid, my favourite cottage "munchie" has been Cheetos Cheezies and to this day, it continues to be a staple food by the dock.
10. The Sound of Music is my all-time favourite movie. I was privileged to have gone on the "Official Sound of Music Tour" during our Christmas break last year in Salzburg, Austria. It was truly a wonderful way to follow and celebrate our engagement!
|Trip of a lifetime!|
|The house where they filmed Maria singing "I Have Confidence" |
down the street before she met the Von Trapp family.
|Mondsee Cathedral - the church where |
Maria and Captain Von Trapp got married in!
|In front of the famous "gazebo!"|
Here are the responses to the questions Angie asked me:
1. What is your favourite picture book?
It's definitely hard to pick just one, but I will choose the one that popped into my head first and it was a childhood favourite of mine, entitled "Four Fur Feet" by Margaret Wise Brown. This book is one that I remember reading over and over again with my family and by myself not only because the illustrations were beautifully done, but also because of the book's contagious rhyme!
2. What is your favourite TV show and why?
Without question, I don't think I've ever missed an episode of Ellen. Her kindness, sense of humour, and compassion are contagious and I truly love watching her! I often find myself showing my fiancé YouTube clips from her shows and I love how she makes us laugh!
3. If you could recommend one professional book what would it be and why?
I would recommend Pearson's resource called "Exploration: Learning Through Inquiry and Play" because it truly is a fantastic Early Years resource that breaks down elements of a "play-based" environment while coupling in real-life examples, inquiries, cross-curricular connections, environmental design, home/school connections and beyond! It's full of beautiful coloured photos as well and is most certainly an easy read with lots to take away! (http://www.pearsoned.ca/school/product/explorations/ -- downloadable templates used and referenced throughout the book)
4. Provide a recipe for a great Christmas drink.
"Candy Cane Cocoa"
- 4 cups of milk
- 3 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 peppermint candy canes crushed
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 4 small peppermint candy canes
In a saucepan, heat milk until hot, but not boiling. Whisk in the chocolate and the crushed peppermint candies until melted and smooth. Pour hot cocoa into four mugs, and garnish with whipped cream. Serve each with a candy cane stirring stick. Enjoy!
5. What makes you tick?
I'd have to say not being organized and not being on time. Perhaps it's the perfectionist in me, but I have to stay organized and punctual for any occasion!
Here are the people I would like to nominate to answer questions. Following suit with Angie, I have chosen 5 people and 5 questions. Please still provide 11 random facts about yourself. Feel free to post on your blogs or by replying to mine!
1. Heather Jelley: http://teamjelleybean.blogspot.ca
2. Diane King
3. Lisa Donohue: http://lisadonohue.wordpress.com
4. Tania Sterling: http://taniasterling.wordpress.com
5. Connie Lowe: http://www.room8-adventuresinkindergarten.blogspot.ca
Here are my 5 questions for you to answer in your response:
1. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
2. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be and why?
3. If you could sum up your love for teaching in 3 words what would they be and why?
4. Share one of your favourite dessert recipes.
5. Chocolate, strawberry or vanilla ice cream? Why?